Re: [xml-dev] Transformative Programming: Flow-based, functional, and more

From
Uche Ogbuji <>
To
"Simon St.Laurent" <>
Date
2013-10-18T17:48:47Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Transformative Programming: Flow-based, functional, and more
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Simon St.Laurent <[email protected]> wrote:
On 10/18/13 1:28 PM, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
    I cannot tell you much more than that but interested to hear comments.

    http://www.1060research.com

    All derived from original work on an 'XML publishing framework' by
    HP Labs.


Having worked up close & personal with NetKernel, I'll say that IMO they
struggle with this almost as much as everyone else does. It's a hard
problem and there are really no magic bullets.

They certainly aren't magic, but NetKernel is at least good provocation.

Yes. I do agree with that, and do not at all intend to disparage NetKernel. My note of caution is because in my experience, some NetKernel advocates make unnecessarily grand promises, and unnecessarily grand claims of originality.


--
Uche Ogbuji                                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira                  http://zepheira.com
Author, Ndewo, Colorado                     http://uche.ogbuji.net/ndewo/
Founding editor, Kin Poetry Journal      http://wearekin.org
Editor & Contributor, TNB     http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/author/uogbuji/
http://copia.ogbuji.net    http://www.linkedin.com/in/ucheogbuji    http://twitter.com/uogbuji