Re: Topic Maps - current state of the art?

From
Stephen Cameron <>
To
"" <>
Date
2013-10-21T11:26:34Z
ID
<CAG=ut6+wGx=>
Thread
Re: Topic Maps - current state of the art?
So, I have bought the book (found it in Australia cheaper than postage from the US) and am looking forward to a good read on an interesting subject.
But having browsed the subject today, this article below seems to be the best introduction I came across, the analogies to familiar things (like book indexes) being very helpful to my understanding.

The TAO of Topic Maps




On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Stephen Cameron <[email protected]> wrote:
Topic Maps are something I have just discovered!

Is this because I've not been listening, or, are they something thats been tried and found wanting? A second-hand book XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web is available on amazon.com for $0.01. You cannot get cheaper, so this might be an indication of the later.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

Steve Cameron