Re: [xml-dev] Parsing XML with anything but

From
Simon St.Laurent <>
Date
2013-12-10T03:15:23Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Parsing XML with anything but
On 12/9/13 10:09 PM, Gareth Oakes wrote:
> I don't see how that is condescending. It is a simple statement of fact,
> based on observation. I myself fall into this category, when working on my
> car, doing handyman stuff around the house, etc. Google and Youtube are
> the saviours!

I'm sorry, but no.  It's one thing to be self-deprecating, another to 
sputter about people who can't be bothered to learn their job in your 
opinion.

> On the topic: who says that it is wrong to learn this way? It seems the
> www exploded into popularity and usefulness exactly by this methodology -
> you don't need to be a learned professional to be productive. That has
> proven to be a very good thing.

Yes, completely.  And absolutely zero of that appeared in your message. 
  Zero.  It was straight-up criticism of what you presented as 
incompetence.  The smiley wasn't even winking.

>> Of course, perhaps I'm oversensitive to XML folks not taking web
>> developers and other programmers seriously
>
> I am happy to overlook oversensitivity and I agree that web developers and
> other programmers should be taken seriously.

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear it.  Please remember that when writing.

Thanks,
-- 
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/