Apparently some browsers show:
<http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/201312/msg00108.html>
With a big black bar across the initial post.
I've changed the link in the article to:
<http://markmail.org/search/list:xml-dev#query:list%3Axml-dev+page:5+mid:xoti6vqelmisy5kn+state:results>
Which shows the text more clearly.
Hopefully that will reduce accusations of sociopathy. Thanks to the
folks who pointed out the archive oddity.
Thanks,
Simon
On 12/12/13 6:21 PM, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> On 12/12/13 5:49 PM, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
>> Then what was it doing appearing in the original article you wrote - you
>> know the bit where you said you were and I quote
>>
>> "using part of this conversation as an example of the problems this
>> causes"
>>
>> Editing it out and feigning wide eyed innocence merely affirms the
>> sociopathic reference.
>
> I'm sorry, but this is bizarre. The only thing in the article that's
> changed since publication is the paragraph about my father's use of
> spreadsheets, where he requested some edits.
>
> The piece that references this list is this:
>
> "Then, I returned to my usual technology programming, and crashed into a
> story about the perils of “not an A-grade software developer… haven’t
> completed a formal Software Engineering or Computer Science degree. You
> have meddled with computers enough to be dangerous…” (It’s far from
> unique - just a good example I happen to have close at hand.)"
>
> The link on "a story about the perils" points to - and has pointed to
> since the initial writing:
>
> <http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/201312/msg00108.html>
>
> Which is Gareth's post, not yours. He included your comments, but I
> though it was somewhere beyond obvious that I was quoting him. That
> phrase doesn't appear anywhere in what you wrote.
>
> So please lay off the "sociopath" comments. Nothing has been edited.
>
> (Gareth is welcome to be annoyed, of course.)
>
> Thanks,
--
Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/