On 13/12/13 03:53, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> On 12/12/13 10:32 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
>> On Thu, 2013-12-12 at 11:58 -0500, Steve Newcomb wrote:
>>
>>> In my view, what SGML never had, and XML still doesn't have, is a
>>> mechanism for disclosing the semantic intent of a document address.
>>> When I mention an address, what am I talking about? In the absence of a
>>> characterization of intent, it's extremely ambiguous.
>> +1
>>
>> I don't believe that "HTTP Range" cuts it, as putting # on the end of a
>> URI is not out-of-band, and still only gives two options (the resource
>> itself or the resource as a surrogate).
>>
>> At one time I hoped topic maps would give us more of this.
>>
>> Liam
>>
> HTML has it though: it's the content of the A tag.
>
> <A href="address">what you can expect to find at the address</A>
>
> -Mike
I have a sneaking suspicion that Steve didn't equate such a simple
interpretation with it Mike?
"The semantic intent of a document address"?
IMHO that's just a tease.
Come on Mr Newcombe,
regards
--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk