Re: [xml-dev] Percentage of web services supporting XML versus JSON

From
Simon St.Laurent <>
To
"" <>
Date
2014-06-09T13:17:39Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Percentage of web services supporting XML versus JSON
On 06/09/2014 09:12 AM, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
> Further discussion here.
>
> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2014-March/078228.html

Perfect - thank you!  The piece of that I keep finding in these kinds of 
conversations is:

"I do not have a magical format to propose to replace it (I tend to go
with msgpack, but it also has its issues, though not as many as JSON)
but perhaps I should work on it soon in preparation for my EUC talk."

Messaging formats are hard.  I'll be curious what Loic's come up with at 
this point.  Despite the Erlang community's fondness for ASN.1, I'm 
guessing it's not that.

Thanks,
Simon


> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Simon St.Laurent <
> <mailto:>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/09/2014 07:55 AM, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
>
>         See slide 67 in this presentation:
>
>         http://www.slideshare.net/__jmusser/ten-reasons-__developershateyourapi
>         <http://www.slideshare.net/jmusser/ten-reasons-developershateyourapi>
>
>
>     JSON's leveled off a bit, but XML is certainly still declining.  For
>     private APIs - APIs just inside a site or app - I'm pretty sure it's
>     more like JSON 80% XML 20%.
>
>     However, this came across my Twitter feed this morning:
>
>     https://twitter.com/ronnylt/__status/475943416250241024
>     <https://twitter.com/ronnylt/status/475943416250241024>
>
>     "Stop using JSON, save the planet :)"
>
>     The slide is about the costs of JSON, but I'm not entirely sure what
>     direction Loic is proposing people take.  I should have gone to
>     Stockholm, I guess.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Simon
>
>     ___________________________________________________________________________
>
>     XML-DEV is a publicly archived, unmoderated list hosted by OASIS
>     to support XML implementation and development. To minimize
>     spam in the archives, you must subscribe before posting.
>
>     [Un]Subscribe/change address: http://www.oasis-open.org/__mlmanage/
>     <http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/>
>     Or unsubscribe: .__org
>     <mailto:>
>     subscribe: .__org
>     <mailto:>
>     List archive: http://lists.xml.org/archives/__xml-dev/
>     <http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/>
>     List Guidelines:
>     http://www.oasis-open.org/__maillists/guidelines.php
>     <http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php>
>
>