Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] May a thousand meta-languages flourish

From
Dan Brickley <>
To
"Costello, Roger L." <>
Date
2014-07-27T08:07:41Z
ID
<CAFfrAFqFeR53v75s=9UygBiqWzpx0LA3iLY26fASh2_n=>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] May a thousand meta-languages flourish
On 26 July 2014 13:51, Costello, Roger L. <> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have been using XML a long time. I think it's fabulous.
>
> Recently I have been immersed in JSON. I think it's also fabulous.
>
> Which is better: XML or JSON?
>
> I think that's the wrong question. The right question is: why are they so fabulous?
>
> XML and JSON are really not so different. They are both meta-languages. That is, they instruct users: "Create your languages by following this form."
>
> There is no reason to believe that the XML form or the JSON form is the one divine form.

Or use RDF and half-embrace both? (and HTML5 too...)

Dan
Next in thread → Next in month →