Next in thread → Next in month →

Re: [xml-dev] Difficulties with catalog

From
Jirka Kosek <>
To
Christophe Marchand <>,
Date
2018-07-18T22:16:18Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Difficulties with catalog
On 18.7.2018 21:45, Christophe Marchand wrote:
> For next XML Prague, I promise I'll learn the whole xml-catalogs
> specification ! ;-)

OK, we will give you badge only if you will correctly resolve dozen of
difficult test cases ;-)

> But there is something strange : if I parse xml file with an InputSource
> where systemId is not set, the import.dtd is expanded to import.dtd, as
> a relative path, and import.dtd was not found into catalog. Doesn't
> matter, having null systemId is always a bad practise...

AFAIK, JAXP is underspecified in this area, so result really depends on
actual parser you are using and other factors as well. Kind of dark
magic. :-(

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
  Jirka Kosek      e-mail:       http://xmlguru.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bringing you XML Prague conference    http://xmlprague.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
Next in thread → Next in month →