← Prev in month ← Prev in thread

Schema-aware spell checker?

From
Costello, Roger L. <>
To
"" <>
Date
2018-09-13T11:00:07Z
ID
<>
Thread
Schema-aware spell checker?
Hi Folks,

I was given a bunch of XML schema files. A cursory examination revealed spelling errors, as illustrated by this element declaration:

<xs:element name="repititionRate" type="t:RepetitionRate" />

Notice that the element name is misspelled (should be repetitionRate).

There are many schema files and some are quite lengthy; I'm sure that I would fail to catch all the spelling errors. 

It would be nice if there was a tool that could automatically catch spelling errors. The tool would need to be pretty clever, I imagine. For example, it would need to detect that in this name:

	t:RepetitionRate

the "t" is a namespace prefix and "RepetitionRate" is a two-part name consisting of "Repetition" (spelled correctly) and "Rate" (also spelled correctly). The tool would need to detect that in this name:

	repititionRate

there is "repitition" (misspelled) and "Rate" (spelled correctly).

Does such a schema-aware spelling tool exist?

/Roger
← Prev in month ← Prev in thread