Re: [xml-dev] Are namespaces actually crypto-entities or crypto-links? (was re: [xml-dev] Napkin grammar)

From
Pete Cordell <>
To
Rick Jelliffe <>, xml-dev <>
Date
2021-07-23T10:02:09Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Are namespaces actually crypto-entities or crypto-links? (was re: [xml-dev] Napkin grammar)
Pete.
-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
C++ tools for C++ programmers, http://codalogic.com
Read & write XML in C++, http://www.xml2cpp.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------
On 23/07/2021 03:55, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
>...
> 
> 
> which we could say is sugar for "entity form"
>        <"{&ns;}:harry" />
> and so the "Clark form"
>        <"{http://www.whatever.com/}:harry" />
> 

Hi Rick,

I need to rush to get somewhere and will have to digest what you've 
written later.  But I wanted to quickly say that I do like the Clark 
form.  I wonder if it can be extended to associate a prefix also.  And 
perhaps allow more than one mapping.

One outcome, [allowing maximum fantasising :) ] would be to have:

<{outer="http://example.com/outer" ="http://example.com/defaultns"}
    outer:tom>
	<harry/>
</tom>

(The default namespace mapping runs straight into the '=' sign with no 
leading string!)

That nicely scopes things in terms of indicating where the mappings go 
out of scope.

But...

Pete.
-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Read & write XML in C++, http://www.xml2cpp.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------