Re: [xml-dev] The Goals of XML at 25, and the one thing that XML now needs

From
Rick Jelliffe <>
To
xml-dev <>
Date
2021-07-20T08:32:30Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] The Goals of XML at 25, and the one thing that XML now needs
Is Maven a good example?  Maven was designed circa 2002 when XML was at its peak, which is 19 years ago.

(And JSON was designed only circa 2001 so the Maven developer may not have even heard of JSON by that stage.)
 
Rick 

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 5:42 PM Mukul Gandhi <[email protected]> wrote:
I think that, some people within this thread, have expressed concern that usage of XML is reducing.

An example came to my mind. I'm sure, most of us and others as well, have used the Java build framework Maven which is hugely popular. Maven's build configuration is mentioned in the file pom.xml. I therefore imply that, Maven uses XML as a primary means to manage Java builds.

I'm sure, there would be many other examples of good XML use.

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 2:07 PM Rick Jelliffe <[email protected]> wrote:
... 


--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi