Re: [xml-dev] Re: LPDs

From
Marcus Reichardt <>
To
Dave Pawson <>
Date
2021-08-06T06:13:53Z
ID
<CAHKy_pNdxBOcBGptZ+HBab7nS80LNUNVOdt=>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Re: LPDs
I don't understand. You're drawing from the SGML well and using 1970's
tech in any case as XML is just a proper SGML subset. You're giving up
absolutely nothing, but can embrace HTML and web authoring (markdown,
rich content inclusions, etc., etc.) based on an ISO standard.

Regards,
Marcus

On 8/5/21, Dave Pawson <> wrote:
>> I've noticed somewhat of a defensive gut reaction by XML heads
>> whenever SGML comes up. While I use XML all the time, and plan to
>> continue doing so, let me bluntly say that XML's only raison d'etre,
>> by the XML spec's own wording (as in chapter 1, sentence 1), was to
>> replace SGML as a markup meta-language on the web.
>
> Which was last century? Perhaps rather than being defensive, we don't
> all  wish the past to influence development?
>
> regards
>
>
> --
> Dave Pawson
> XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
> Docbook FAQ.
>