Re: [xml-dev] Semantics and the Web: An Awkward History

From
Dave Pawson <>
To
Marcus Reichardt <>
Date
2021-09-14T08:13:36Z
ID
<CAEncD4dkw-SptZm2zTGERw1pJDCOT8eo8yw=>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] Semantics and the Web: An Awkward History
On Tue, 14 Sept 2021 at 08:49, Marcus Reichardt <> wrote:

<snip/>

 IMO, XML is just fine as it is, it's not talked about much because it
does its job, and I'm not seeing anything that could replace it any
time soon, or even at all. That's because the world where standards
were defined based on broad consensus, academic canon, and customers
demanding standards in an ecosystem of multiple commercial players has
largely ceased to exist.

<snip/>

I wonder if others agree with this view? The demise of W3C? Surely not
reverting to the chaos of COTS software offerings in 101 'standards'?

I do hope your view is a minority Marcus.

regards


-- 
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
Docbook FAQ.