Re: [xml-dev] When writing standards...

From
Dave Pawson <>
To
"C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <>
Date
2023-04-06T06:40:33Z
ID
<>
Thread
Re: [xml-dev] When writing standards...
On Wed, 5 Apr 2023 at 23:41, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
<> wrote:
>
>
> Dave Pawson <> writes:
>
> > @dw
> > http://this.how/standards/
> >
> > Sounds very sensible.
>
> Much of it sounds sensible to me.  But for data I care about, formats
> are far more important than software.  I not infrequently work with
> texts written 100 or 1000 years ago, and I am not aware of any piece of
> software that has survived that long.  And when software disappears, it
> tends to take data encoded in software-specific formats with it.

I doubt the author was debating non-software 'standards'!
I see software 'supporting the development' of standards, in the
way MK and JC both had the two marching 'in sync' which is
what the piece seems to be saying?


regards


-- 
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
Docbook FAQ.