[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: acronym
/ Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com> was heard to say:
| How can I get <acronym> element to be in html like a real html
| acronym, e.g. <acronym title="Document Object Model">DOM</acronym> ?
There's no easy, inline way. The problem with the title attribute is that
it doesn't work in an I18N way (you couldn't put BIDI or Ruby in there, or
even other markup like <emphasis>).
A subelement inside acronym for this purpose doesn't seem very inviting.
If the acronyms are in a glossary, I suppose I'd do some fancy hackery to
make that work.
It's definitely a nice idea, but no good, general solutions spring to
mind.
Be seeing you,
norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Youth lasts much longer than young
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | people think.--Comtesse Diane
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC