[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Alternative to sections in procedures
I was thinking about the problem of titles and the semantics of
(simple)section and sidebar.
I wonder if the following element would help:
<!ELEMENT topic (%optional-title;, (%simplesect-content-model;)+, topic*)>
This could be allowed everywhere that sidebar is, for example, and
would allow you to have a sidebar-like thing without the semantics of
Sidebar. I also think this could be useful for the folks interested
in doing online help.
Does this help the procedure case at all:
<topic><title>Some title</title>
<procedure>
...
</procedure>
<topic><title>See Also</title>
...
</topic>
</topic>
It's really a sort of floating section (the DIV-like thing we've discussed
before), but "topic" is a much better name, IMHO.
Be seeing you,
norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The Future is something which
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | everyone reaches at the rate of
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | sixty minutes an hour, whatever he
| does, whoever he is.--C. S. Lewis
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC