OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  docbook-tc  ·  2007-02

docbook-tc — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Please review before DocBook TC meeting


In rereading all the references (and their threads), it seems to me that the archived sentiments are about 2/3 against adding any kind of topic to DocBook. (Of course, I may be biased, since that's my opinion too.) In addition to myself [1], folks such as Nancy, Elliotte, DaveP, Sean Wheller, and others have come out against adding topic. Others have suggested varying proposals on how something like a topic might be added (some even suggesting how to do maps in DocBook), but if I were to try to find a plurality position, especially considering the status quo, it would be not to add any kind of topic to DocBook. I think it's important to discuss this on today's telcon, but let's do it with the idea in mind that we move toward closing this issue. And unless we get strong consensus on a fairly specific plan on how to add topic, I suggest we should stick to the status quo. paul [1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200610/msg00019.html >

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]