[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Environment Variables in File/Directory Names
/ Karl Eichwalder <ke@gnu.franken.de> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
|
| > Oh, I probably use envar for both. That distinction isn't often important.
|
| Really?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. In my experience, the
distinction isn't often important. I haven't used systems that
automatically put the leading $ on envars or anything and the
principal value in marking them up was for searching.
A user searching for the "FOO" envar is probably interested in both
FOO and $FOO (provided the FOO in question is an environment
variable).
Be seeing you,
norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | To the man who is afraid
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | everything rustles.--Sophocles
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC