[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: DOCBOOK: Invisible tech symbols
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Doug du Boulay wrote:
]>> The file is well-formed and valid, it produces nice .html and .pdf but
]>> some symbols ("forall" and "and") are invisible (pdf) or look like
]>> small squares (html). Why is it so and how can I fix it ?
]>
]>I dont know what the official answer is, but for html, what I do is
]>replace all the unknown character entities with inline gifs.
a) Change the character set to either UTF-8 or UTF-16.
b) Add a line to the head section indicating that fact.
c) Use SED or PERL to change all the docbook character
entitites to UTF-8 or UTF-16 character entities.
d) Trust that your visitors are using browsers that understand
XML, XHTML and CSS.
That only works with HTML. I can't help with the pdf stuff.
xan
jonathon
--
http://www.eskimo.com/~yijing/index.html
********
If this email is sent to a list hosted at Topica.Com
I will not see _any_ replies, as Topica.Com is listed
in SPEWS for their persistent spamming, and stated
intenetion of never requiring confirmed opt-in on the
lists that they do host.
Topica.Com obviously does not care that 35% of the
internet is now permanently closed to them.
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC