[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Linenumbering in literallayout
On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:47:30AM +0100, BigSmoke wrote:
> I have a document with some programlistings, which are discussed line-by-line
> by various sections. Everywhere I describe a line, the original line
> reappears as an excerpt. However, the only way to number them in DocBook seems
> to be to start by line 1, while I'd like to be able to use some sort of
> attribute that a programlisting starts at line 4, for example.
>
> Am I overseeing already built-in semantics which could do the job or should
> I start customizing?
The XSL stylesheets support a few processing instructions
for line numbering. See:
http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/SolveProblems.html#LineNumbering
But there isn't a PI for 'linenumbering.startnumber'.
That would make a nice feature request, if you want
to file one on the DocBook SourceForge site.
Since line numbering is handled by stylesheet extensions
in saxon and xalan, to customize it yourself
you would need to program the extensions
to handle the new variable.
--
Bob Stayton 400 Encinal Street
Publications Architect Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Technical Publications voice: (831) 427-7796
The SCO Group fax: (831) 429-1887
email: bobs@sco.com
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC