[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: author initials in bibliography entries
"Kraetke, Martin, le-tex" <martin.kraetke@le-tex.de> writes:
> In DocBook 5.0, the element authorinitials can appear as children of
> biblioentry, bibliomixed, bibliomset, biblioset but not as children
> of author or personname.
In retorspect, that does seem…odd.
> <biblioentry xml:id="CR1">
> <authorgroup>
> <author>
> <personname>
> <authorinitials>P.</authorinitials>
> <surname>Abad</surname>
> </personname>
> </author>
But so does that. I’d expect the “author initials” of P. Abad to be “PA”
or something. That’s really just an abbreviated first name.
I wonder if <firstname><abbrev>P.</abbrev></firstname> captures the semantics
better. Not that I especially like it, but…
Be seeing you,
norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Debugging is 99% complete most of the
http://nwalsh.com/ | time--Fred Brooks, jr.
Attachment:
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]