[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: [OASIS Issue Tracker] Issue Comment Edited: (OFFICE-1811)NEEDS-DISCUSSION: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 N 1078 : DEFECT REPORT NUMBER JP2-20
[ http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-1811?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18125#action_18125 ]
Dennis Hamilton edited comment on OFFICE-1811 at 3/27/10 12:21 PM:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't see the response shown in ODF 1.0 Errata CD04 anywhere here.
1. In Errata CD04, the section reference should be to 8.5.2. The sub-heading "Search Criteria Must Apply to Whole Cell" is correct.
2. The wording of the description for table:search-criteria-must-apply-to-whole-cell applies only when table:use-regular-expression="true", as opposed to it applying differently depending on the table:use-regular-expression value. The rewording in Errat CD04 removes that peculiarity, but I wonder if it thereby becomes more than an errata in so doing? In particular, it is not clear whether table:use-regular-expressions="true" will over-ride this setting whenever a regular-expression case applies.
3. Another concern I have is that I have never, in my own experience seen a situation where the absence of whole-cell comparison was any-substring-comparison for matching strings. In most of my experience, the question is whether or not a leading substring would match. I wonder whether this more-rigorous, and quite regex-unrelated restatement is too substantive. The use of "search-pattern" in the restatement is also puzzling.
4. I propose this be one of those cases to be left implementation-dependent until clarified by ODF 1.2. [Changed 2010-03-27 to say implementation-dependent, not implementation-defined.]
was (Author: orcmid):
I don't see the response shown in ODF 1.0 Errata CD04 anywhere here.
1. In Errata CD04, the section reference should be to 8.5.2. The sub-heading "Search Criteria Must Apply to Whole Cell" is correct.
2. The wording of the description for table:search-criteria-must-apply-to-whole-cell applies only when table:use-regular-expression="true", as opposed to it applying differently depending on the table:use-regular-expression value. The rewording in Errat CD04 removes that peculiarity, but I wonder if it thereby becomes more than an errata in so doing? In particular, it is not clear whether table:use-regular-expressions="true" will over-ride this setting whenever a regular-expression case applies.
3. Another concern I have is that I have never, in my own experience seen a situation where the absence of whole-cell comparison was any-substring-comparison for matching strings. In most of my experience, the question is whether or not a leading substring would match. I wonder whether this more-rigorous, and quite regex-unrelated restatement is too substantive. The use of "search-pattern" in the restatement is also puzzling.
4. I propose this be one of those cases to be left implementation-defined until clarified by ODF 1.2.
> NEEDS-DISCUSSION: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 N 1078 : DEFECT REPORT NUMBER JP2-20
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: OFFICE-1811
> URL: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-1811
> Project: OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
> Issue Type: Bug
> Affects Versions: ODF 1.0, ODF 1.0 (second edition), ODF 1.0 Errata 02
> Reporter: Robert Weir
> Assignee: Patrick Durusau
> Fix For: ODF 1.0 Errata CD 5
>
>
> Transcribed from http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1078.htm
> Original author: "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
> DEFECT REPORT NUMBER JP2-20
> QUALIFIER omission
> REFERENCES IN DOCUMENT "Search Criteria Must Apply to Whole Cell", Clause 8.5.(
> NATURE OF DEFECT This clause is incomprehensible. Where are "search criteria" specified?
> SOLUTION PROPOSED BY THE SUBMITTER Specify what are "search criteria" and where they are specified.
--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]