[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: [OASIS Issue Tracker] Issue Comment Edited: (OFFICE-2820) 19.626 -"The two strings are compared by using the normal string comparisonalgorithm to test whether they are equal." If we defined the "normal stringcomparison algorithm" I missed it.
[ http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2820?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=20197#action_20197 ]
Andreas Guelzow edited comment on OFFICE-2820 at 8/5/10 5:51 PM:
------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't understand what this means:
"The two strings are compared by using the alpha-numeric algorithm to test whether they are equal."
a) There does not seem to be any definition of "alpha-numeric algorithm". (I guess that this is sort of a lexicographic ordering.)
b) Isn't testing of equality of two strings just byte-for-byte equality?
c) Is there any normalization of unicode code points involved here?
was (Author: aguelzow):
I don't understand what this means:
"The two strings are compared by using the alpha-numeric algorithm to test whether they are equal."
a) There does not seem to be any definition of "alpha-numeric algorithm". (I guess that this is sort of a lexicographic ordering.)
b) Isn't testing of equality of two strings just byte-for-byte equality?
c) Is there any normalization of unicode code points involved here?
Where do we define "normal string comparison"? A search on that expression in part 1 does not appear to turn up any other occurrences.
> 19.626 - "The two strings are compared by using the normal string comparison algorithm to test whether they are equal." If we defined the "normal string comparison algorithm" I missed it.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: OFFICE-2820
> URL: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2820
> Project: OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
> Issue Type: Bug
> Components: Table
> Affects Versions: ODF 1.2 CD 05
> Reporter: Patrick Durusau
> Assignee: Eike Rathke
> Fix For: ODF 1.2 CD 06
>
>
> 19.626 - "The two strings are compared by using the normal string comparison algorithm to test whether they are equal." If we defined the "normal string comparison algorithm" I missed it.
--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]