From: Scott Prentice [mailto:scottp@leximation.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:25 PM
To: Don Day
Cc: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [dita-users] First meeting of the Central Texas area DITA users group

Hi Don...

I haven't heard from Carol yet, but am hoping to soon, so I can determine what areas may be available for me to fill in. Ah .. I see
that her posting was to the TC list not the Yahoo dita-users list ..
that's why I missed it. I just read the TC posting and see that the proposed site does seem to cover much of what I've done. One
area that I thought would be quite useful is an easy to use event calendar that allows for both one-time events (conferences or
specific seminars), and recurring events such as DUGs. The event calendar that I developed seems to work well, although I'm still
working on the interface that allows people to enter/maintain their own information. I'm interested to see what the DITA Focus Area
group has come up with for this purpose.

I haven't invested much in this domain/site .. financially, just the domain registration. The site is currently hosted as an add-on
to my development site that I use for such things. I figured that when/if this took off I'd move it to a separate account. I
basically spent a weekend with some PHP development (user registration, user-editable content, event calendar) and site set-up. It's
been a good proof of concept for me.

If nothing else, I may just offer hosting for DUGs .. this would give them a subdomain at a dita-related URL
(groupname.ditamap.com), with FTP access and email forwarding. If anyone is interested .. we'll have to see.

Cheers!

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.