   Re: [dita-fa-edboard] Progress?

Carol and Mary have apparently both been on the road during the past week
for the OASIS Adoption conference in London.  I agree with Joann that it is
not advisable to create potential confusion in user's minds about where to
go for info--give Carol a chance to get back in the saddle and bring us up
to date on the programming and procedural setup that OASIS has been working
on while she's been out.  There is always the dita-users forum as a means
to post event announcements and other ephemeral news.

Scott, perhaps you haven't seen the roadmap document yet that Joann and
Jennifer sent out prior to the start of this mailing list.  Jennifer, if
you are reading this, would you mind sending any update of the roadmap to
the list?

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

   --T.S. Eliot

             Scott Prentice
             <sp@leximation.co
                                       JoAnn Hackos
             10/20/2005 06:33          <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>
                                       dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [dita-fa-edboard] Progress?

Hi JoAnn,

Thank you for the reply and info about the upcoming meeting. I look
forward being part of this as it moves forward, and helping out as I'm
able.

Thank you also for the comments regarding the ditamap.com website .. all
sensible points. I've added the IBM, OASIS, and Cover Pages links to the
"latest dita release information" section on the home page. I've also
added notes and revised some text to encourage people to contribute, and
point out that the site is not intended to be "all-inclusive." I would
hope that it is apparent that this is not officially endorsed by any
group and is intended to be a community-supported collection of dita
information. To that end, it seems that it can be a useful tool for the
dita community, at least until something better and more complete comes
along (dita.xml.org). (At which time, I'd remove any redundant
information and replace it with links to dita.xml.org.)

Unless the dita.xml.org site will be available in the next couple of
weeks, I think I'll send out an invitation to members of the dita-users
Yahoo list, asking people to visit the site and contribute. I'll be sure
to encourage developers/contributors to add links for their products. We
may even find that some of the content can be migrated to the
dita.xml.org site if appropriate.

I hope that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by moving ahead with this
.. I don't intend for this to be in competition with the dita.xml.org
site in any way. But it seems that the sooner this type of site is
available, the better it will be for the dita community.

Regards,

Scott Prentice