   DITA Focus Area Developer Resource Page

DITA XML.org Focus Area Editorial Board:

I was browsing the Liberty Alliance site and noticed a few good features we may want to consider.

1) Please check out http://www.projectliberty.org/resources/developers.php.

Maybe we should consider adding a "Developer Resource" page like this to the Knowledgebase. I realize it would contain links that
are also posted on other Community pages (a whitepaper that's already on the White Papers page, etc.) but as those Community wiki
pages get populated with lots of good (and so-so) content, having one solid reference page in the Knowledgebase with a handful of
"What Developers Really Need To Know" links, chosen by the Editorial Board, might be helpful.

Maybe also (or instead) a "User Resource" page?

2) We may want to consider using the *Announcements* box on the homepage for something like *Quick Links* instead. See the right
column at http://www.projectliberty.org/activities/index.php as an example. We could identify a few key pages listed in the left nav
that we want to call out and provide a brief description for on the homepage. Entries for an upcoming event or a new white paper
could also go under "Quick Links". Changing the name of the box from "Announcements" to "Quick Links" would give us a bit more
latitude, and let us highlight important (but not timely) pages when no "news" is available.

Let me know what you think.

FYI, Greg hopes to convert our DITA XML.org Focus Area pages to the new design and turn on the registration page today. Cross your
fingers and check the site late this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Carol
Carol Geyer
Director of Communications