   Brief Minutes from Today's Meeting

Just a quick summary of the discussion at today's meeting of the Focus Area Editorial Board.
  1. Greg from OASIS addressed some of the technical questions:
    • Forms and templates are supported in Drupal.  Jerry will meet with Greg next week to better understand the details and will make usage recommendations to the board.
    • The editor needs some additional configuration.  Apparently, not all the formatting options are available to users, which is causing problems with rendering of tables, links, and whitespace/line breaks.
    • There was some concern about the editor rewriting tags.  There is a tradeoff between safeguarding the site from potentially "malicious" content and ensuring that content can be reliably round-tripped.  We will look into providing an alternative editor for ed-board users that preserves all tags.
  2. A Drupal expert will be starting shortly to implement the site design.  We hope to be able to have the new site up for next week's meeting.
  3. Jerry asked about the appropriate structure and management of the events page.  We will likely default to the calendar/event handling that is native to Drupal.
  4. Everyone is requested to review the Resource Library spreadsheet (attached again, for your convenience) and identify any content that you know about that needs to be added to the list.  Jen will rework the categories and send out a new version early next week.
  5. Regular meeting is on for next week.
Please let me know if I missed anything.

Regards,

Jerry

JERRY SILVER
Director, Product Management
BLAST RADIUS Product Division
www.blastradius.com

direct +1 604 697 8708
mobile +1 604 786 3505
email jerry.silver@blastradius.com

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Silver;Jerry
FN:Jerry Silver
ORG:;BR Products
TITLE:Director, Product Management
ADR;WORK:;Vancouver
LABEL;WORK:Vancouver
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:jerry.silver@blastradius.com
REV:20040220T225018Z
END:VCARD

DITA resource library (dita.xml.org).xls