From: Jerry Silver [mailto:jerry.silver@blastradius.com]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:46 PM
To: Carol Geyer; dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org
Cc: Greg Rundlett
Subject: RE: [dita-fa-edboard] Book versus Story

I've always imagined the Community pages to be Wiki-like, or at least
offering Wiki-style collaboration.  That means allowing the community to
post entire articles about Best Practices, Enhancement Ideas, Case
Studies, etc.  I'd much rather see living content (and content living)
on the site than turning the site into a collection of links.  Of
course, certain types of content (events, news, products and services)
do lend themselves to being links to other content, mostly from vendors
who do have their own virtual soapboxes.  But I'd like to see the site
become the location of choice for information that DITA users want to
share with each other.

I haven't questioned this mental model of a Wiki site, and assumed that
other members of the board shared this expectation.  What do the rest of
you think?

J.