   DITA wiki

Okay, I turned freelinking back on, and I have a meeting with Greg at 2:00 today to discuss our options.

Just so I communicate this correctly, are these assumptions valid:

1. The functionality that we're lacking at this point is the ability for users to easily (preferably intuitively) create new pages
on the site that are directly linked from other pages. A wiki appears to be the most intuitive way to enable that (people are used
to wikis). We're willing to consider any solution that will provide this functionality--the freelinking module, a different wiki, or
another Drupal module (taxonomies, etc.)--as long as it's something that can easily be understood by users.

2. Freelinking creates a link out of any CamelCase word, but linking that word to a new page isn't intuitive.

3. Alternatively with freelinking, you can use the double bracket syntax: [[page title]], which provides an explicit indicator that
a link is needed, but if you change the title of the target page, the links to that page break.

4. When creating a link to an external page, if the first word in the link is CamelCase, the external link gets wiped out and
replaced with the automated internal link; we need a way to override this.

Anything else?

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
Voice: +1.978.667.5115 x209

OASIS Symposium: The Meaning of Interoperability, 9-12 May, San Francisco
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/