Agenda for Today's DITA XML.org Editorial Board Call

DITA XML.org Editorial Board meeting
2:00-3:00 ET
+1-402-756-9000 access code: 162307#

Proposed agenda:

1) <soapbox> article
--review status of current one on Specialization (506 reads, 2 comments, 14
poll votes, 0 forum responses),
--"last word" remark to conclude <soapbox> articles?
--future <soapbox> articles: Content Repurposing by France Baril, scheduled for
March; "If you use DITA, do you need an information architect?" proposed by
Amber in November

2) Adding recent Forum posts to homepage
To drive more traffic to our Forums, Michael suggested we publish the subject
lines of new Forum posts on the homepage. (Currently, we list the five most
recent News posts and the five most recent Blog posts.) We have a few options
for how we implement Michael's idea:

A) replace the current homepage lists for "News headlines" and "Blog headlines"
with "Recent posts", which would include the 10 most recent news, blogs, and
forum headlines
B) same as above only "Recent posts" would include the 10 most recent posts of
any kind (including new product listings,
case studies, events, etc.)
C) keep the current homepage lists for "News headlines" and "Blog headlines"
and create a third section for "Forum headlines"
D) replace the current homepage list for "Blog headlines" with "Forum posts"
(since recent blog posts appear in the right column of all pages anyway).

3) Speaker's bureau
Discuss new draft page at http://dita.xml.org/speakers

4) Deployments pages
How do we get content for http://dita.xml.org/deployments?

5) Review Bob Doyle's ditauser site
http://lists.xml.org/archives/dita-fa-edboard/200702/msg00000.html

6) OASIS Symposium DITA presentation

7) Editorial Board chair
More than a year ago, JoAnn agreed to co-chair the Editorial Board, and she's
been carrying on solo now for several months. Since March will mark the
one-year anniversary of our official launch, we should revisit the chair issue.
Does JoAnn want to continue? Does anyone want to offer to serve as co-chair?

8) Spam
Reminder to notify Carol if you see spam (or delete spam postings directly,
don't delete the poster's account, better for Carol to block account)

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
+1.978.667.5115 x209

OASIS Symposium:
"eBusiness and Open Standards:
Understanding the Facts, Fiction, and Future"
15-18 April 2007 San Diego, CA USA
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/