Fw: [dita-users] DITA Language Reference (PDF)

When I tried to respond to a question on dita-users about where to find the
PDF of the language reference, I checked at the DITA Focus Area, but could
not easily find where we reference the standards there. Well, in fact, I
could not find it at all. If the link is there, it does not seem to be
easily discoverable.  So my answer to the query, below, reveals the real
story about current ease of access, I'm afraid.

We should provide a direct link from the DFA front page to an easily
accessed set of both the PDF and the HTML official OASIS files.  For the
HTML version, it would be nice to provide both an HTML Help download and
also the same kind of frameset access to the separate HTML files at OASIS
that Scott has at ditamap.com.  The cd2.zip file at OASIS is just not user
friendly to point casual users to, don't you think?

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

   --T.S. Eliot
----- Forwarded by Don Day/Austin/IBM on 02/22/2007 08:50 AM -----

             Don
             Day/Austin/IBM@IB
             MUS                                                        To
             Sent by:                  dita-users@yahoogroups.com
             dita-users@yahoog                                          cc
             roups.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [dita-users] DITA Language
             02/22/2007 08:31          Reference (PDF)
             AM

             Please respond to
             dita-users@yahoog
                 roups.com

 dita-users@yahoogroups.com wrote on 02/22/2007 08:10:12 AM:

 > Hi DITArchitects,
 >
 > any idea where I can find the most recent copy of the DITA Language
 > Reference in PDF format?

 These links all pertain to DITA 1.0, the only formally approved current
 version.

 Formally:

 Community resource links:
 http://dita.xml.org (This site is the DITA community's one-stop shop for
 all information about DITA, tools, other users, and resources.
 Unfortunately, I've just discovered that the standards are not easily found
 from here; I'll work on making the links float up more visibly)

 Official location of approved OASIS DITA TC products (currently DITA 1.0):
 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita#technical
 This is absolutely where the buck stops on any questions about DITA. If you
 have any questions about whatever you see anywhere else, check it out
 against these materials.

 In reality:

 Easiest to access PDF:
 Look in the /doc directory of your current DITA Open Toolkit installation
 for ditaref-book.pdf.

 Easiest to access HTML wherever you are:
 http://ditamap.com (separate links for the Architectural Reference and the
 Language Reference)
 http://www.gotapi.com/ (look for the DITA tab)

 Regards,
 --
 Don Day
 Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
 IBM Lead DITA Architect
 Email: dond@us.ibm.com
 11501 Burnet Rd. MS9033E015, Austin TX 78758
 Phone: +1 512-838-8550
 T/L: 678-8550

 --T.S. Eliot

 __._,_.___
 Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

 (Embedded image moved to file: pic06243.gif)Yahoo! Groups
 Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
 Traditional

  Recent Activity
   21
  New Members