From: Bruce Esrig [mailto:esrig@alumni.princeton.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 11:12 AM
To: JoAnn Hackos; Carol Geyer; dita-fa-edboard@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [dita-fa-edboard] Traffic and mission

Back to the thread on traffic ...

It seems that forums are available for
  - providing user information and discussion (yahoo dita-users,
ditausers.org, and others)
  - developing the standard (the TC sites)

Is the following the mission of dita.xml.org? Thought leadership on where
the DITA standard is going.

If so, the articles are good and the editorial board meetings can work
towards ensuring that these directional indicators are clear to folks.

Below my signature, I have some questions about the traffic data ...

Best wishes,

Bruce

----------

The numbers could use some more massaging before we use them to draw
conclusions.

For example, 2/3 of our referrals come from poker and travel sites. Can we
get stats that subtract those visitors?

The most commonly visited pages are the home page and the feeds. Is there a
way to find out which of the designed areas of the site our interested
visitors are coming to?

How do we analyze interest when so much of the traffic is feeds, which are
filtered at the client end? Do the feeds render traditional analytics
obsolete? Can we get more insight into what content is being subscribed to?