FW: FW: [dita-fa-edboard] Traffic and mission

 FYI, from the OASIS webmaster...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Marquez [mailto:jose.marquez@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 3:12 PM
To: Carol Geyer
Cc: 'Greg Rundlett'
Subject: Re: FW: [dita-fa-edboard] Traffic and mission

Hi Carol,

I appreciate the Board's observations and questions; as a result, I've built a
crude filter (no pun intended) to remove the gambling/pills/porn referrals,
so I can send them a revised list for that. As for their feed concerns,
there's some suggestions on dealing with feeds and aggregators in an oldish
(June 2004) posting I found online:

http://jogin.com/weblog/archives/2004/06/15/statistics

I was searching for ways of dealings with feeds using our existing stats
analysis tool (AWStats) and found that. I would be shocked that 3 years
later, there isn't better information about handling feeds online, and I'll
seek it out. I'll also talk to Greg and Neil about implementing some of the
ideas in the blog entry above, as they appear to have value outside of just
the dita.xml.org site.

Jose