From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:17 PM
To: 'DITA Editorial Board'
Subject: [dita-fa-edboard] Minutes: 14 June 2007 DITA XML.org Editorial
Board Call

Attending: Sue-Laine (chair), Michael, Deb, Carol

1. Amber's <soapbox> article
Attendees had not read Amber's latest draft, so this item was tabled for
further Board discussion via email.

2. Sample documents
Sue-Laine discussed her idea for enabling people to post documents
written in
DITA as examples for testing. The purpose would be to provide examples
that
people could review, samples that could be run through the toolkit, ways
test the toolkit. While we may want to offer a more specific user
interface at
some point, the Board decided to test the concept by creating a new
resource
type in the RESOURCES directory.

AI: Carol to create new resource type.
Board: To post sample documents and provide suggestions for customizing
the UI.

3. Recent posts
Michael suggested we change "Recent blog" headlines in right nav to
"Recent
posts" so that new entries throughout the site receive visibility.

AI: Carol to work with IT to change right nav to display the five most
recent
posts of any kind.

4. DITA-pedia
Sue-Laine discussed her idea to incorporate true wiki technology to
create a
DITA-pedia site on the order of wikipedia. Others agreed that this would
enhance our current Knowledge base and Wiki portions of the site (which
have
been less successful than the Today section).

We identified several issues:
- How do we get the seed content?
- Which wiki do we use--mediawiki, perhaps something new from Drupal,
something
else?
- Integration with the existing site is critical.
- We'll need to clearly distinguish comments from the formal
specification (and
not confuse the two); possibly locking down content.
- If we ask people to comment on the spec, we need to address IPR
concerns.

AI: Sue-Laine to investigate an html-to-wiki text converter.
AI: Sue-Laine to develop technical requirements for the wiki software
itself
that we can provide to OASIS IT.
AI: Carol to work with Mary and Robin on IPR issues around submitting
comments.

Next call:
2:00 pm EST
+1 (605) 990-0700, access code: 562542*

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
+1.978.667.5115 x209

for
members of the Editorial Board; others should contact
communications@oasis-open.org for assistance.

[Un]Subscribe: dita-fa-edboard-[un]subscribe@lists.xml.org