DITA wiki

Should we consider allowing registered users to directly edit and add pages to
the Knowledge base (essentially merging our Knowledge base and Wiki sections)?
This would be a simple matter of changing permissions on the registered user
role. The Editorial Board could review new posts on a regular basis and adjust
the site's navigation to accommodate them (or work out something similar to the
way wikipedia uses "stubs" to embrace navigation to new pages).

We could put the spec itself in a different section where only appended
comments (not direct edits) would be allowed.

Does that make sense? What would a wiki give us that this approach would not?

--c

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS