Re: [dita-fa-edboard] DITA wiki

1. I think this should be done in the wiki, not in the knowledge base.

The knowledge base is constructed as a tree of book pages. It has a
definite hierarchy, which the user can navigate using the up, prev, and
next links at the bottom of the page. (Also, the knowledge base represents
the organized thoughts of the editorial board, for better or worse. If we
want to allow certain people to edit the knowledge base, we should make
them "contributing users" and use those permissions to enable their
activities within the knowledge base.)

The areas that we have divided the wiki into are not separated in this way.
The relationships are quite fluid. How you get to a wiki page matters less
than what links you see when you get there. We don't have a way right now
to show the user how to navigate back from a wiki page to the wiki pages
that point to it, so if someone arrives on the site at a wiki page, they
have to do their own work to find out where they are. That's why I've been
advocating format standards for wiki pages that emphasize the value of
links from a page to the context for the page.

2. I don't know where we stand with regard to Zak and his proposed
contribution. I might have left him with a choice that he doesn't know how
to answer.

Best wishes,

Bruce