DITA EdBoard call: Thursday, 12 July, 2:00 PM EST

DITA Editorial Board
I am very happy to report that OASIS IT has made significant progress with
transitioning dita.xml.org from Drupal 4.6 to 5.1. We should be able to go live
with the upgrade sometime next week.

The new version will alleviate a lot of the problems we've been having with the
user database, spam, freelinking, etc. It will also give us a lot more
functionality and options than we had previously. Once we're up and running, we
can explore how we want to take advantage of that new functionality. We can go
over details on this on tomorrow's call.

We can also talk about Su-Laine's and Bruce's suggestions for creating more of
a wiki community experience for the site. I reviewed Su-Laine's wiki
requirements with the OASIS IT staff today. Notes from our conversation are
attached.

Call reminder:
Thursday, 12 July
2:00 PM EST