Re: [dita-fa-edboard] Please prepare for next DITA XML.or call!

Hi Carol...

I can't make it to the next call .. I'll be in XSLT classes all of next
week.

I've taken a look at the Wiki TOC and the KB TOC to offer my suggestions
as to how they could be integrated. I think the Wiki TOC seems like a
good starting place, although I think we'll need an "About DITA" group
(or some such heading) for some of the KB items that don't really fit
elsewhere. I'm fine with the page I wrote being available for others to
edit.

Here's my initial pass at where the KB TOC items should go .. use it (or
not) as you see fit. The "=>" indicates the mapping to a Wiki TOC entry.

-------------------------------
    * Introduction  => About DITA > Introduction (new entry)
        - Getting started
        - DITA 101
        - Milestones
        - Why DITA?
        - FAQ / fact sheet

    * Topic-based authoring  => About DITA > Topic-based authoring (new
entry)

    * Architecture  => About DITA > Architecture (new entry)
        - Introduction to the DITA Architecture
        - DITA Topics and Information Typing
        - DITA Maps
        - Specialization
        - Content referencing (conref)
        - Conditional processing

    * Production / publishing  => About DITA > Production / publishing
(new entry .. or should this go under "Publishing with the DITA Open
Toolkit" ?)

    * Open source toolkit  => Working with DITA > Publishing with the
DITA Open Toolkit (maybe?)

    * OASIS DITA Technical Committee  => Official stuff > OASIS DITA
Technical Committee (new entry)

    * Specification => (I'm not sure how useful this page is in its
current form .. ??)

    * Archive of <soapbox> feature articles  => About DITA > Archive of
<soapbox> feature articles (new entry)

BTW .. did y'all see the blog entry about the site?

http://thecontentwrangler.com/printer/ditaxmlorg_would_someone_call_the_housekeeper_please/

Seems a little harsh to me, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Cheers,

...scott