Re: [dita-fa-edboard] Cool site stats

Hi Greg,

Will you be reporting the top keywords people are searching for that take them to DITA.XML.org?

It would help our page ranking if we reinforce certain of those words by encouraging use throughout the site.

Cheers,

Bob

On 10/29/07, Greg Rundlett <greg.rundlett@oasis-open.org> wrote:
On Monday 29 October 2007 16:22, Bob Doyle wrote:
> Hi Carol,
>
> Very interesting. Thanks to Neil.
>
> My candidate for the most valuable statistic is the 50,000 clicks on the
> moribund New York DUG page.
>
> We should all scratch heads and locate someone in the NY area to satisfy
> that demand.

With work on search, SEO, and 'recommendations', we may be able to satisfy
that demand locally especially if we identify it as an opportunity to
coalesce the community.  The way it works it that you identify the top
keywords people are searching for; then identify the search results users are
currently receiving for those queries; look at 'conversions' or
click-throughs; and manage recommendations that you can inject into search
results to direct surfers to the things they are seeking and that we want to
suggest.  Of course with enough community, you let the community make the
recommendations through 'social networking'.  There is a lot of this type of
development activity going on within the global Drupal community so that I
expect OASIS Technology Services will continue to have exciting news to bring
forward to the DITA.xml.org community.

Cheers,

Greg

Bob Doyle
Editor In Chief, CMS Review - http://www.cmsreview.com
Founder, DITA Users -  http://www.ditausers.org
Former Technology Advisor, CM Pros - http://www.cmprofessionals.org/membership/cm-profiles/bob-doyle
Contributing Editor, EContent Magazine -
http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/ArticleIndex.aspx?ContextSubtypeID=71
President and CEO, skyBuilders - http://www.skybuilders.com
77 Huron Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138