Posting the spec on DITA XML.org

OASIS staff is discussing a few approaches to making the DITA spec available
for online comments from the community. Before we proceed, we should be sure
we're all in agreement on our goal and on our technical requirements. What are
we trying to solve that the current TC -comment list isn't doing?

Goal: To enable people who are not members of the OASIS DITA TC to more easily:
- provide comments on specific portions of the specification
- view and expand on comments provided by others
- contribute comments that will be viewed by the TC and addressed as
appropriate
- Other goals?

Requirements:
- Solution must conform to the OASIS IPR Policy and TC Process.
- Direct editing of the spec text should not be possible.
- Comments should be appended to sections of the specification.
- Other requirements?

Outstanding issues:
- How do we determine section breaks? Are we talking about dividing the spec
into 10 wiki pages or 1000 wiki pages?
- How will the TC track the comments and record their disposition?
- Is this intended to replace the current -comment mailing list or provide
alternative mechanism for accepting feedback?
- Other issues?

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS