Re: Posting the spec on DITA XML.org

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Carol Geyer wrote:

> OASIS staff is discussing a few approaches to making the DITA spec available
> for online comments from the community. Before we proceed, we should be sure
> we're all in agreement on our goal and on our technical requirements. What are
> we trying to solve that the current TC -comment list isn't doing?
>
> Goal: To enable people who are not members of the OASIS DITA TC to more easily:
> - provide comments on specific portions of the specification
> - view and expand on comments provided by others
> - contribute comments that will be viewed by the TC and addressed as
> appropriate
> - Other goals?

Should TC Members be allowed to use this commenting facility to
provide comments, view and expand on comments... ?  Your statement
above specifies "people who are not members of the OASIS DITA TC"

> Requirements:
> - Solution must conform to the OASIS IPR Policy and TC Process.
> - Direct editing of the spec text should not be possible.
> - Comments should be appended to sections of the specification.

Is "appended" a hard requirement?  Versus, for example, "attached to"
or "associated with" target (lemma) text?  Some schemes might lend
themselves to annotation that is not based upon "appending".

Robin