   Re: XML online and Entities

  • From: Norbert Mikula <nmikula@edu.uni-klu.ac.at>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:26:38 +0200

David Schach wrote:
> This kind of bug will be common because SGML allows the & to be used
> this way. I think this difference in entity processing unnecessarily
> complicates SGML to XML conversion.

Rather this way, than having to deal with context
dependencies in a language :) The ERB did a great
job when thinking about how to define the language to
ease the construction of lightweight and fast parsers
(in a contemporary fashion).

--
Best regards,
Norbert H. Mikula

= SGML, XML, DSSSL, Intra- & Internet, AI, Java