   Escaping in entities

  • From: "Thorsten Kitz" <thoki@csi.com>
  • To: "XML Develloper" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:16:19 +0100

Hello,

I have another question concerning Entities. My problem is, that I like
to generate a HTML-file out of a XML-document with German "Umlaute".
Normally, an "ü" (ue) in HTML is written as &uuml;. I tried the following
Entitiy-declaration in my DTD,

<!ENTITY ü '&amp;uuml;'>

The result was just "&amp;uuml;". Then I tried

<!ENTITY ü '&uuml;'> and
<!ENTITY ü '&#38;uuml;'>

Both resulted in a Jade-error, arguing, that no entity "uuml" is defined.

How do I define an entitiy, that the correct HTML code is used?

Thanks,

Thorsten.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest