   Please do an XML Poster at SGML/XML'97!!!!

  • From: Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre <dalapeyre@mulberrytech.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:53:40 -0500

Dear Developer's List,

Posters are a great way to advertise your product at the
SGML/XML'97 Conference! (This year in Washington D.C. USA
on December 8-11) If you are coming to the conference
anyway, it's FREE advertising.  So is the New Technology
Nursery in the Exhibit Hall!  (If you aren't registered,
I can sneak you in for ONE day only to do a poster.)

I would also really like a few XML case studies and
a few XML technical posters, Please!  The average SGMLer
is very curious as to what is going on in actual XML
development, and is also very afraid that XML is a
dream and not real.  This is your chance to tell them.

Don't know what a poster is?  Drop me a private email
and I'll tell you.  Know all about them?  The technical
details are given below.

--Debbie (Co-chair of SGML/XML'97)
  <dalapeyre@mulberrytech.com>
  USA Phone: 301/315-9633

****** SGML/XML'97 POSTER GUIDELINES ******
WHAT YOU SEND for the POSTER PROGRAM
                      (Deadline November 24, 1997)
                      (E-mail to : Melanie Yunk <mel@cfi.org>)
1.  Title of your poster presentation
2.  Poster Abstract (1-3 short paragraphs)
3.  Your name(s) and address(s) (including email)

WHAT YOU BRING TO SGML/XML'97 (or ship)
                      (Deadline December 7/8, 1997)

  (To post on a 4 foot  by 8 foot cork board)
1.  Poster(s) --
         Text big enough to read from 4 or 5 feet away.
         Size approximately 22 x 28" (56 by 71 cm).
             (22 x 26" is fine.) Thin paper, not foam core.
2.  Handouts  (Optional)

POSTER CATEGORIES

1.  Technical poster (case study or technical topic)
2.  Vendor posters (free advertising))

*** FREE ENLARGING ***
     (Deadline: Received BEFORE November 12, 1997)

Send 8 1/2 x 11 or A4 paper to GCA and they will
enlarge to poster size for free. GCA's address:
Graphic Communications Association;   Poster Submission;
ATTN: Tanya Bose; 100 Daingerfield Road;   Alexandria, VA
USA   22314-2888
Don't know what a poster is, want to know if there is a
reward in all this, other questions, comments or for
sending title/abstract/name by email:

Melanie Yunk <mel@cfi.org>

Deborah A. Lapeyre                   Phone: 301/315-9631
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.          Fax:   301/315-8285
17 West Jefferson Street, Suite 207  E-mail: dalapeyre@mulberrytech.com
Rockville, MD  20850                 WWW: http://www.mulberrytech.com