   XML and Bean serialization

  • From: Mark Baker <markb@iosphere.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 16:56:44 -0500 (EST)

I've recently proposed to Javasoft, via their public RMI-USERS mailing
list, that they adopt XML as the serialization format for Beans and
JARs.  I see this is a critical move in unifying the "web" and
"object" implementations of the distributed future (their respective
*visions* are already practically identical).

Interest, what little there has been so far, has been very positive.  But
unfortunately, Javasoft themselves have not yet responded.

I'm trying to drum up public interest so that we might be able to push a
little harder on this, perhaps even constructing a prototype two-way
Bean/XML serializer to demonstrate our case (somewhat similar to
Netscape's JavaScript Beans).

Thanks.

MB
--
Mark Baker, Ottawa Ontario CANADA.                Java, CORBA, XML, Beans
http://www.iosphere.net/~markb               distobj@acm.org  ICQ:5100069

   Will distribute business objects for food.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)