   Re: Inheritance

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:19:19

At 19:27 24/11/97 +0100, james anderson wrote:
>greetings,
>
>sorry to start in the middle of this thread, but as an xml novice i'm
>wondering why one is at all concerned to extend a language intended to
>mark up "structure" in order to encode "behaviour". (this being the
>distinction made by  separating 'class' and 'type').

We all started off as novices, so don't be afraid. I'm assuming that
everyone on this list knows that the mails are hypermailed at:
http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev
and that it is possible to search this archive. So you can go back to the
start of this thread if it helps (I don't know whether it does or not).
Also I have attempted to abstract some of the posting that may have some
lasting value in http://www.vsms.nottingham.ac.uk/vsms/xml/jewels.html

XML discussions have a cyclic nature - like sunspots - the same topic
reoccurring at intervals of a few months. Since it's often due to 'novices'
joining the club, we're delighted. You will also find that the SGML
community is patient and does not regard ignorance as a crime (some other
things are :-). Precision in language is highly valued.

	P.

net connection
http://www.venus.co.uk/vhg

(un)subscribe xml-dev