   Re: MS XML parser only works with IE...

  • From: Shibl Mourad <shibl@w4.ca>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 21:06:25 -0500

Jon Bosak wrote:

> This is a license to repeat the browser wars of the last three years
> and hold users hostage to particular software packages.

I know that I am going to be hated for saying this, but the browser wars
was a phenomenal success and prompted the development of excellent and
useful technology very rapidely.

Compare this with standards first technology (eg SGML) where the rate of
progress is much slower and the end benefits to the user (not the
devloper) much smaller.

XML needs some breathing space where new features could be made to live
if popular and die if irrelevant.

Shibl

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest