   Re: Newbie Q: NXP attribute validation

  • From: Dmitri Kondratiev <dima@paragraph.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 02:49:01 +0300

At 18:51 11.12.97, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:

>This is not a well-formed document and the last line should (probably) be:
>
></FooBar> instead of <FooBar/>
>
>[...]
>>
>>As a result I get "Attribute has not be declared : ID" error. What am I
>>doing wrong ?
>>
>One of the problems with XML parsers (rather like compilers) is that it can
>be quite difficult to produce error messages that tell you precisely what
>is wrong. So I can't tell you *why* you got this message, but most error
>messages are 'somewhere near' the error.
>
>Sometimes it can be helpful to run more than one parser because they often
>give different clues.

Peter,

Thanks for your help. With my stupid bug ( <Foobar/> to </Foobar> )
corrected, I still have the same error ! The following NXP output shows that
it uses the FooBar.dtd, as specified in test.xml file. What can be wrong then ?

--Dima

NXP output:

NXP - Norbert's XML Parser 0.97 - 05.08.1997

Fetch file : test/test.xml
Start parsing ...
Validate : true
Fetch file : test/FooBar.dtd