   IDL?

  • From: Paul Prescod <papresco@technologist.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 11:06:15 -0500

David Megginson wrote:
> 1) By Monday 12 January 1998, at least three Java parser writers have
>    not agreed to support a specific set of common interfaces.

What about a Python parser writer? We are, after all, on the brink of
the 21st century. It would be really nice to stop the cycle of
"crowning" one language the be-all and end-all of programming languages.

Could we specify the interfaces in terms of IDL instead of Java (or
perhaps agree to make an IDL version soon after the Java one)? The only
extra work I see is that we must explicitly define the interfaces for
URL and Dictionary so that other languages can implement Java-compatible
versions.

 Paul Prescod

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest