   RE: msxml 1.8 questions

  • From: Chris Lovett <clovett@microsoft.com>
  • To: 'Sean Mc Grath' <digitome@iol.ie>, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:16:27 -0800

All of your questions indicate that the new MSXML 1.8 isn't installed
properly.  The MSXML parser included with IE4 did not return whitespace
nodes, and was not case sensitive - so if the XMLViewer is showing tag names
in uppercase it's probably still using the old parser.

If you run http://www.microsoft.com/standards/xml/xmlinst.exe it should
install properly (it uses install.exe)

If you run install.exe manually you should do so from a DOS command prompt
with the current directory set to